Sunday, January 29, 2006

ahh, the first time...

whooooooo... rush of blood to the brainpan. This is the bit where every thought you ever had leaves you, stranded and bereft, keyboard at your fingertip and curser flashing away on screen.

Prior to the signing up, thoughs of how delightfull it would be to keep a record of your own little self, as you are, and will soon once have been, skip gaily acrross the mind. A permanent little record tucked away in a corner of space, of every random though, fleeting experienc and flash of inspiration.

And then you get here and... nothing.

Ah well, until one of those ideas hits me (I suppose I must admit sometime that I subscribe to the Pratchettian idea that there are no actual new Ideas, only the same ones endlessly circling the globe, randomly impacting with people, some times two people at once - how else can we explain Troy and Alexander, Deep Impact and Armageddon?) Here are a few tidbits to eventually look back on and think 'why did I ever think that was cool?'

First up, an undying love Tori Amos, I'm listening to my 'songs not heard recently' playlist, and wondering how I could neglect this song for so long -

And if I die today I'll be the happy phantom
And I'll go chasein' the nuns out in the yard
And I'll run naked through the streets without my mask on
And I will never need umbrellas in the rain
I'll wake up in strawberry fields every day...

Nun chasing and strawberries, hm, could be an option...

A website that I never want to forget, as it contains a jewel of a song - http://www.jcbsong.co.uk/jcbvideo.asp

and my most memorable thought of the day - That guy who used to play Benton in due south was hot...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home